The websites, services, products, tools and functions of PiePie and/or any and all applications, including but not limited to mobile applications, related to PiePie (collectively “PiePie Services”) are owned and operated by Ｍachipopo, Inc. (“PiePie” or “we”).
PiePie Personal Data Protection Policy (this “Data Protection Policy”) regulates the legal relationship between the user of PiePie Services (“you” or “PiePie User”) and us regarding your use of PiePie Services. That is, you are deemed to agree to accept this Data Protection Policy and to be subject to this Data Protection Policy you’re your registration of a PiePie account or use of PiePie Services. If you do not agree to accept this Data Protection Policy, please do not register PiePie account or use PiePie Services.
This Data Protection Policy was made and effective from January 1st, 2018 and is last revised on August 1st, 2018. Please be aware that PiePie reserves the right to amend these Terms at any time, and PiePie will notify you of such revision in accordance with Article 12 (Amendment) of this Data Protection Policy. Therefore, we encourage you to check our most updated Data Protection Policy at all times when you use PiePie Services to help you protect the privacy of your information.
Information Provided by You
We will collect the information you provide to us when you register a PiePie account or after registration. For example, we will collect all information you provided when you register a PiePie account (including but not limited to your phone number, display name and password), information you provided after registration (including but not limited to avatars you upload, bios you write, your date of birth, passport number, verification of your identity and photos), contents established, generated or shared by you when you use PiePie Services (including but not limited to photos or videos taken through PiePie Services), messages sent or received via PiePie Services, and interaction with other PiePie Users, PiePie or third parties via PiePie Services (including but not limited to messages created when you contact us by means of customer service or any other ways). The information we may collect including but not limited to your username, account password, e-mail address, phone number, age, date of birth, gender and any other information you choose to provide with. You may also opt to provide your religion, race, belief, political orientation, trade union membership, sexual orientation or data concerning health. This information shall be under special protection pursuant to the applicable laws of your country/region.
Information Generated when You Use PiePie Services
We will collect the following information when you use PiePie Services by automated means or any other ways:
- Login Records: We will collect the information relevant to your login to PiePie Services, including but not limited to your browser type, language, IP address and login time.
- Use Records: When you send or receive messages via PiePie Services, post posts, pictures or videos or carry out any other activities, we will collect relevant information (e.g. metadata), including but not limited to the information of the time, date, sender and recipient when such messages, posts, pictures, videos or activities are established or being processed. To provide you with advice of photography or retouch, we will also collect the view, people and other contents you see through PiePie Services (e.g. camera). We will also collect other information generated when you use PiePie Services, including but not limited to the time and the way you use PiePie Services, functions you use, your preference, types of account or content that you attend to and the accounts you interact with as well as the way, the type and the content of such interaction.
- Device Information: We will collect the information of devices you use for PiePie Services and that we will unify and process information from different devices. The device information we collect including but not limited to the device type, device sensor, battery, internet signal, RAM, type and version of operation system, language setting, time zone, international mobile equipment identity number, cell phone number, mobile internet information and other information you allow us to receive. Furthermore, with your permission, PiePie can access to the information of your contacts, address book, call log, album and other applications of the like nature in your devices or other sources you provide to support your use of PiePie Services and to help us find other PiePie Users that you may have acquaintance with, send invitation, upload pictures or videos and for any other purposes.
- Device Operation: We will collect information of how you operate on your devices to help us distinguish between human and robots.
- Location Information: If the setting on your devices allows us to receive your location information, we will collect such information on your devices to facilitate certain functions of PiePie Services.
- Data Tracking: We will use the technology of data tracking to collect information, which can help us to improve PiePie Services and your use experience.
Information Provided by Third Parties
- Other PiePie Users: If other PiePie Users provide information about you when they use PiePie Services, we may integrate such information with the information you provide and/or information we collect when you use PiePie Services.
- Out Affiliates and Third-Party Firms: We may obtain your information (including but not limited to the way you use the applications of such affiliates and third-party firms, contents you use, point accumulated, your personal information and profile in such applications) from our affiliates and/or third-party firms in cooperation with us, including but not limited to advertisers and owner or operator of other applications.
Use of Information
We will process, transmit (whether domestically or internationally) your information and/or use such information for various purposes, including:
- to provide and to continuously develop, maintain and improve PiePie Services, including but not limited to providing personalized services, providing additional functions and contents (for example, to notify you of other PiePie Users that you may have acquaintance with), displaying advertisements and activities you may be interested in, showing the balance and status of your rewards, the most updated posts of other PiePie Users you may be interested in, and contents you may like to browse and nearby PiePie Users, filling in your personal information automatically, and carrying out face or fingerprint recognition or other kind of biometric verification to proceed to unlock or verify;
- to reply to your feedbacks, questions and requests and to provide you with customer services (for example, to contact you for the purpose of answering your questions, solving technical problems you encounter, or inviting you to attend the demo of products and services);
- to send you a technical notice, update information, a security warning and service and information of operation;
- to provide you with the information of products, services, special offers and any information related to PiePie which you may be interested in, e.g. the latest reward activity and questionnaire survey;
- to monitor your activity and to analyze the data when you use PiePie Services (for example, to enable our affiliates and third-party firms to have a better understanding on how PiePie Users use PiePie Services, the contents, the time and the frequency regarding the use of PiePie Services and the type of PiePie Users);
- to detect, investigate and prevent fraud and illegal activities (for example, to monitor PiePie Users’ use behavior to stop, delete or deactivate inappropriate behavior or contents); and
- other legitimate purposes (for example, to provide your information as required by the competent authority and to use your anonymous information for the purpose of research, analysis, technical improvement and innovation).
Whom We Share Your Information with
We may share your information with the following:
- Other PiePie Users: According to your setting, we may share your information with other PiePie Users, including your username, display name, avatars, bios, the list of PiePie Users that you are following, your followers, your social network, your status, activities you are involved in, interaction with other PiePie Users, contents shared or sent by you and any other information you allow us to share with other PiePie Users. Other PiePie Users may share such information with others (including those who can see the information of such PiePie Users) after they receive your information. As a result, please carefully choose whom you want to share information with before sharing.
- Public: We may disclose your username, display name, avatars, bios or any information you choose to make public and that such information can be browsed, copied or shared via any browser or third-party services.
- Our Affiliates: We may share your information with our affiliates to provide comprehensive services to you, e.g. the gain and withdrawal of rewards, although we currently do not share your information with any affiliates.
- Third Party: We may share your information with third parties, including third-party application developers (for example, when the third-party applications you use contain a part of functions, products or services of PiePie Services, such applications are connected to or integrated with PiePie Services, such third parties can obtain your information in PiePie Services, including but not limited to your username, display name, avatars, bios, profile and status, activities you are involved in and any other information you allow us to share), advertisers (anonymous information, e.g. the country you live in, your age, gender and interest, may be shared to advertisers), subcontractors (e.g. subcontractors providing domestic or overseas infrastructures used to transmit, store, collect, analyze and process PiePie’s information), attorneys appointed by us (to study, investigate or prevent illegal activities or to proceed to legal proceedings), research institutions (to compile statistics and analyze data) and authorities concerned (your information may be shared as such authorities required).
There may be third-party links or functions contained in PiePie Services, and you might not only provide your information to us but also to third parties or only provide your information to such third parties via these links and functions. We recommend you to check the personal data protection policy of each third-party service provider you visit or use. Information collected by such third-party service providers shall be governed by each of their terms and policies rather than this Data Protection Policy. We shall not be liable for how such third parties collect and use your information.
Retaining Period of Information
- Based on different purposes of each information, retaining period will differ from one to another. We will delete the information if the purposes of the collection of such information no longer exist (for example, when your PiePie account is deleted or we cease to provide PiePie Services, in part or in whole, to you).
- If you exercise your “right to be forgotten” under Article 9 (Control and Access to Your Information) of this Data Protection Policy, we will also delete the information you request us to delete.
- Please be aware that if we are required to retain or backup your information in legal proceedings or an operation process, your information will be retained until such proceedings/process close. For example, we may be requested by authorities concerned to provide your information, or be reported that you abuse PiePie Services or violate the PiePie Terms of Service or any other inappropriate or illegal activities. Such proceedings/process usually take at least a year and under certain circumstances it may even last for a longer period of time.
International Transfer of Information
To provide PiePie Services globally, we have to store information in systems all over the world and to process and transfer such information. These data processing and transfer institutions may be owned or operated by PiePie or third parties which may locate outside the country/region you reside in. Notwithstanding the above, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information.
Control and Access Your Information
- Right to Control: You have the right to control your information, including the right to rectification (e.g. when you find your information incorrect), restriction and discontinuance of your information.
- Right to be Forgotten: You may ask us to delete your information. We will also delete the information when the purposes of the collection of such information no longer exist (for example, when your PiePie account is deleted or we cease to provide PiePie Services, in part or in whole, to you).
- Right to Access: You can access your information at all times and ask us to provide a copy of your information.
- How to Control Your Information: If you intend to exercise the rights concerning your information, you can change the setting of your devices under certain circumstances. Besides the foregoing, you can also contact us if you have other questions or request via: email@example.com
We will only collect and process your personal information when certain conditions are met (“legal basis”). Different information may have different legal bases and such information shall have one of the following legal bases:
- Legitimate Interests: When your information is necessary for us to provide you with PiePie Services, to improve PiePie Services or to maintain information security, we will have legitimate interests to collect and process your information, for example, to protect your account, to send messages, to post posts, pictures, videos or other contents, to calculate rewards you may obtain (e.g. Mithril), to provide personalized services, to analyze the use of PiePie Services, to control the quality of PiePie Services and to provide updates.
- Consent: Under certain circumstances, we will ask for your consent to collect and process your information (for example, to receive your location to facilitate positioning and other relevant services, to obtain the address book in your devices for the purposes of unifying your contacts’ information and to provide suggestion of users). You may withdraw your consent any time after such consent is given. We will no longer collect and process such information after your withdrawal and delete the information we collected based on such consent.
- Legal Obligation: Under certain circumstances, we will be obligated to collect and process your information to comply with applicable laws.
Users from European Union
If you are from European Union, there are some additional messages to be noted:
- Data Controller: The data controller of your information is Ｍachipopo, Inc.
- Legal Basis: The region you reside in only permits us to collect and use your personal information where there is the legal basis. Please check Article 10 (Legal Basis) of this Data Protection Policy for details.
- Your Rights: You are entitled to control your personal information, including but not limited to the right to rectification, the right to be forgotten and other rights stipulated under Article 9 (Control and Access Your Information) of this Data Protection Policy.
- International Transfer: We may transfer your personal information to other countries, regions or international organizations. When we transfer your information outside European Union, we will ensure that such transfer is in compliance with regulations of the region you reside in.
- Complaint: You may lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority in your member state.
We retain the right to amend this Data Protection Policy (the “Amended Data Policy”) from time to time. Unless such amendment is required by laws or under emergency, we will provide you with a prior notice before such Amended Data Policy becomes effective in a reasonable period of time. You agree that we may notify you of the Amended Data Policy by posting them on PiePie Services, including but not limited to PiePie website or mobile application, and you are obligated to check and review the Amended Data Policy periodically in a timely manner. Your continued access, link or use of PiePie Services, following our notice of changes and/or amendments to this Data Protection Policy, shall constitute your acceptance of the Amended Data Policy. If you do not agree to the Amended Data Policy, you shall immediately cease all your access, connection or use of PiePie Services and deactivate your account.
- Account Information: You can change the setting of your account and update your personal information in PiePie mobile application or in PiePie website. If you have any questions, please contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Push Notifications: PiePie may send push notifications or alerts to your devices. You can control such notification by changing the notification setting on your device (iOS) or by changing your setting within PiePie mobile application (Android).
Unless this Data Protection Policy stipulates, the PiePie Terms of Service shall apply mutatis mutandis.
This Data Protection Policy was written in Chinese. Should there be any conflict between different versions, the Chinese version shall prevail.